Left Right
button
button
button
button
button
Nov 14 '19, 22:24:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from the future.  (Read 1239 times)
Clawsor
Board mascot
Veteran

Fear the Squiggles

« on: Mar 19 '19, 03:24:24 »

I hope everyone is getting along well. I felt an itch of nolstalgia and thought to check in on our little communty here. Currently living in Alabama with my wife who is attending law school. I was playing Guild Wars 2 for a while but fell off when I didn’t have internet for a few months, currently im hooked into the witcher 3 to the extent of even starting to read the books.

Jerelyn I hope you are still creating! Your work is beautiful and lively. Hope everyone is having fun and imaginative experiences in life!

Cheers!

I'm a Nainja. Like gangsta...but with ninjas. I'm so bling you wont see me coming.
Obi-Rak Kaeliri
Master

« Reply #1 on: Mar 19 '19, 03:55:51 »

Heya there -- thanks for stopping by! I can only imagine what an adventure these intervening years have been for you, so thanks for remembering us Smiley

Jerelyn and I lived in Portland, Oregon for a few years, and somehow ended up in Western Massachusetts about two years ago. We're not entirely sure how it happened, but for whatever reason the universe seemed to want us here at this point in time.

We produced an offspring about six months ago! So we're presently learning to juggle caring for a mercurial new person with all the other pursuits that give us joie de vivre. Including creating. Lots and lots of learning about ourselves, and letting go of things that don't spark joy.

Thankfully, creating is one thing that consistently sparks joy Smiley

This place is a little quiet these days, but we like to keep it around because it reminds us of the older, simpler days. Some parts of the rest of the Internet can be a little polarizing and anxiety-inducing, and goodness knows a good third place is hard to find on the Internet these days. We loved a place like this and, who knows, maybe there's a place for something like it even in this day and age.
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20 '19, 13:43:57 »

Clawsor!!  Awesome to hear from you.

I miss this little community too -- every so often I reread old posts and marvel at how civilized and lively we all were.  And how nice it was to have an online conversation without looking over my shoulder for creepy advertisements or wondering how my every photo or comment was being analyzed and monetized.

I did have a surge of artistic output a few years back when we started playing D&D again, and especially when i started running a campaign. 

Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20 '19, 13:44:43 »

Oh, and since Kael forgot his:

BrecciaSilentstep
Redshirt
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12 '19, 13:57:40 »

Hello! Tagging along on Clawsor's post, to give greetings, zen hugs, congratulations on your offspring, and sundry other words to state that those who keep an eye on this forum still exist!

Obi-Rak Kaeliri
Master

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15 '19, 14:03:55 »

It's good to see that you're still around, Breccia! We've often wondered what you've been up to Smiley

I hope life's treated you well. We've often meant to scout around your neck of the woods, but circumstances have always pulled us sideways.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: