Left Right
button
button
button
button
button
Dec 18 '18, 11:18:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Pulse  (Read 7078 times)
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« on: Jun 06 '13, 04:09:46 »

Since I can't seem to get off my arse to get a blog site up to our standards, I'm going to use a thread for now to share those sketches I'm doing that might suggest that there is a pulse - however faint - in Jungle Fire. Tongue

Iri giving me a reminder:

practice with the same pose under different bone structures:

mom!foxeye

action!foxeye
BrecciaSilentstep
Redshirt
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07 '13, 20:46:16 »

Yay!

Martilena
Blueshirt
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15 '13, 03:33:57 »

hurrah!!

Martilena
71 druid of Tunare (semi-retired)
Maisie
80 warden/ 80 provisioner Nektulous server
Obi-Rak Kaeliri
Master

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15 '13, 18:36:37 »

It's been a roller coaster of a couple of years. I was finally able to join Jerelyn in Portland, Oregon, after living in two states for a year. We bought a house here a few months ago! Y'all in Pacific Northwest should drop by to say hai-lo and check out the Wall O' Jungle Fire!
BrecciaSilentstep
Redshirt
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03 '13, 21:39:42 »

Huh. I actually visit Portland from time to time. Perhaps someday I can take you to dinner there. I know - or knew, anyway, it's been a while since I've gone down there - some good places to eat.

Likewise, if you decide to visit up the coast, and pop over to Victoria... let me know! I'll be happy to feed you here, and maybe give you pointers on where to go/what to see.

Obi-Rak Kaeliri
Master

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18 '13, 04:24:34 »

We were talking over our plans for next spring, and one of the things we really want to do is to take a trip over to Canada. It's so close now, and we've wanted to pop over to see your haunts for a long time! We're contemplating letting go of one of our cars, now that we're in Portland, and it'd be a hoot to make one, final long-distance drive with it.

If you do come over to Portland please do drop by to say hello! We'd love to have you over, and we even have vacant guest quarters if you needed a place to stay on your visit. And we'd love to discover your old eats Smiley

Though it's not exactly Jungle Fire related, I am compelled to share some pictures I took here recently. They may not look like much to y'all used to living in Northern climates, but we had been stuck in California for over a decade so it's pretty magical experience for us. Rediscovering what an incredible joy this time of the year can be.
BrecciaSilentstep
Redshirt
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20 '13, 18:01:04 »

"Morning Path" is very beautiful. One of the things I loved about Portland was the "Park Blocks" - the strip of park that ran through the heart of the city. Some far-seeing person bought up a huge tract of land, and, later, bequeathed it to the city for that reason. A few blocks were lost along the way, but apparently the city regained a couple of the missing ones.

"Misty Morning" looks like here. (grin) The view from Mt. Tolmie, or Mt. Doug, or the top of the Cairn hill in Highrock Park near my house has a very similar look.

I hope you like the weather - Portland is on the lower edge of it, so they don't get quite as much as those of us North of you, but welcome to the great "Pacific Northwet."  Remember that this is a coastal rainforest - with all that that implies.

And make sure you visit the Saturday Market! It was my favourite thing when we did the Rose Festival with the Navy. 

Obi-Rak Kaeliri
Master

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05 '14, 16:17:16 »

Now that we've lived here for a while, we can safely say that we're thoroughly enjoying the weather. We love the rain and the greyness. A significant improvement over California. The few trips we have made to the Seattle area have been especially interesting, because I potentially like Seattle's gestalt even more than Portland's gestalt. There's a certain quality to the lighting in Seattle area, a certain sharpness to it, that feels very familiar to me. In comparison Portland's people, air quality, lighting, and weather feel, unsurprisingly, like something halfway between California and Seattle. There's something very San Fran Bay Area-ish about the repeated mantra of "Keeping Portland Weird" o_O

We look forward to making further trips to the Seattle area to see if the impressions hold Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: