Left Right
button
button
button
button
button
Feb 24 '20, 23:09:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Foxeye concept thread  (Read 38954 times)
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« on: May 02 '07, 02:08:44 »

Was trying to see how few lines I could use in Foxeye's face and have it still be her.  I bet I can still do it with fewer lines, especially once her eyes and lips become more and more "automatic" to me.

« Last Edit: Apr 22 '08, 05:52:30 by Jerelyn » Logged
Anker Steadfast
Themaphobe
Veteran

Beer and Wenches

« Reply #1 on: May 03 '07, 18:30:41 »

Oddly enough, the one straight towards the viewer (lower left corner) seems too masculine to me.

Guess I'm weird like that.

On another note, I rather like the idea of trying to draw your own creations with as few lines as possible.
Sorta like Stencil drawings.

Anker Steadfast
Barbarian Warrior
Innoruuk Server
(Retired)
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #2 on: May 03 '07, 18:55:20 »

Oddly enough, the one straight towards the viewer (lower left corner) seems too masculine to me.

Guess I'm weird like that.

Oh, I don't know...she has fairly masculine features.  If one doesn't like that in women it's not too weird that someone would find her "too masculine", depending on whether an angle/expression emphasizes it. 
Anker Steadfast
Themaphobe
Veteran

Beer and Wenches

« Reply #3 on: May 03 '07, 23:02:56 »

So what you're saying, is that I like my females ... feminine ?

laugh

Anker Steadfast
Barbarian Warrior
Innoruuk Server
(Retired)
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #4 on: May 04 '07, 05:16:47 »

I wouldn't presume to say how you like your females.   Roll Eyes 

I do think that words like "feminine" and "masculine" are words that evoke powerful emotion without actually delivering any content, because everyone has their own subjective opinion on what qualifies as what.  After all, there are plenty who still believe that confidence and competency are un-feminine and adaptability and gentleness are un-masculine.

Anyhow, getting back to Foxeye...part of her charm, for me, is that she's not men's magazine material. Nor women's magazine.  Men do not want her and women do not want to be her. 
Sierra
Necro Girl
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 04 '07, 07:00:05 »

Anyhow, getting back to Foxeye...part of her charm, for me, is that she's not men's magazine material. Nor women's magazine.  Men do not want her and women do not want to be her.

If I could have elf ears, and magick powars. I would soooo wanna be Foxeye. She is Badass! Non-conventional women FTW!

Edit: A space, where it doth naught belang. +Spalling.

"I'm the only fay in the group!" ~ Naciee
"I'm sure you'll taste fine." ~ Amarylis
Anker Steadfast
Themaphobe
Veteran

Beer and Wenches

« Reply #6 on: May 04 '07, 11:54:29 »

Men do not want her and women do not want to be her. 

That's kinda .. sad.
But then, she's unique, so I reckon it wouldn't trouble her too much ... besides, Rakyn does like her. Smiley

Anker Steadfast
Barbarian Warrior
Innoruuk Server
(Retired)
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11 '07, 05:48:51 »

Resurrected and colored on a little on an old scribble of foxeye just cuz it was fun. Love this one, especially the poor guy.  He's so confused. 

Martilena
Blueshirt
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12 '07, 05:25:46 »

Go Foxeye Go!

I personally think she looks like a women who know what she wants, how to get it and will get it and damn what others think. She looks like someone who doesn't WANT to try to use femine wiles even if she could.

/sigh Why can't I ever think of the right way to say something when its me talking and not a character in a story?

Martilena
71 druid of Tunare (semi-retired)
Maisie
80 warden/ 80 provisioner Nektulous server
Jamie
Veteran

Cheap Wine and Rednecks

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14 '07, 17:27:14 »

She does strike me as being a rather handsome lady ... but that's not a BAD thing ... hey, that whole androgynous MetroSexual thing is supposed to be the thing lately, eh? 

Anyway, I don't think that angle is masculine ... the upper lip is just a bit overwhelming, is all 
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14 '07, 17:38:33 »

Ahem, yeah, rather scary lip. 

I was aligning her looks against Claudia Black for a while there (who has a biiiig mouth), but it finally came out that neither of us actually mentally picture her looking like Claudia.  We just weren't, ah, admitting this to each other. So she'll be undergoing a bit of plastic surgery at some point.
Jamie
Veteran

Cheap Wine and Rednecks

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27 '07, 22:57:24 »

y'know I just noticed ... no matter how voluptuous, skinny, masculine or ethereal any of these elf or elf-kin may be ... they all have one nice convenient thing in common ... total lack of body hair !!! Hmm!  when they're not hunting or protecting the world from corrupt magik, they're all hanging out in their trees waxing each other  ... <lol> sorry ...
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22 '08, 06:18:19 »

I think we mentioned at some point over the past year or so that we actually decided to abandon the idea of using any specific real-life women as models for Foxeye.  This has probably been somewhat evident in the comic, in that she's looking a little younger and not so Claudia Black-ish (or maybe you just thought I wasn't so good at the likeness ^_^).

In any case, the picture that struck the strongest chord in me was the one from the height comparison sketch. I really wanted to see how it would translate into a more rendered drawing.

I just love these before/after dramatic moments. ^_^

I give you the "new and improved" Foxeye.  Now with fewer age lines and a dash more inhuman. (to our surprise, she's closer to the Foxeye from the dramatic "golden jumpsuit on the docks during sunset" picture from the prologue.)

Jamie
Veteran

Cheap Wine and Rednecks

« Reply #13 on: Apr 22 '08, 13:50:58 »

Jeeez Jere, that almost looks like a photograph ... you're gettin fraking good at this  Clap
Martilena
Blueshirt
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: Apr 22 '08, 14:35:22 »

I agree! That is awesome!

Martilena
71 druid of Tunare (semi-retired)
Maisie
80 warden/ 80 provisioner Nektulous server
Jamie
Veteran

Cheap Wine and Rednecks

« Reply #15 on: Apr 22 '08, 14:52:51 »

I was about to say that her cleavage looked a little "over-extended", but then I realized that those were her pecs  she's a strong grrlll  Jam
Zeltaria
Veteran

« Reply #16 on: Apr 22 '08, 15:49:53 »

That is beautiful Foxeye Smiley
Cobalt Katze
*flee*
Veteran

Rootbeer & Moogles. Wait, what?

« Reply #17 on: Apr 23 '08, 15:33:07 »

Awesome! I like the less sequin'd look Cheesy

Jamie
Veteran

Cheap Wine and Rednecks

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23 '08, 17:47:07 »

Even the elves that aren't "magazine material" still have that beautiful perfect symmetry to them ..... one of these days you need to draw an elf that's got crooked teeth, or eyes too close together, or love handles or cankles ... in art school we had one or two perfect figure models, and the rest were saggy, jiggly, uneven etc and they were sooo much harder to draw than the good bodies.  The Elfquest comic artists did seem to draw less-the-perfect figures occasionally, but they always saved it for the poor humans  Booze
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #19 on: Apr 23 '08, 18:05:13 »

Naw...they are elves. They don't have those things you describe. If they did, they'd be humans, not elves.  It's not the pointy ears that maketh an elf, it's the immortality and perfection that makes humans weep/rage for jealousy and bitterness that maketh an elf. 

They are supposed to annoy the piss out of you. It's their role in the universe.

Kael
Master

« Reply #20 on: Apr 23 '08, 18:19:14 »

They are supposed to annoy the piss out of you. It's their role in the universe.

Now that's as apt a description as there ever was.

Clap
Starrydance
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: Apr 25 '08, 01:22:57 »

This is beautiful! I too, love dramatic before and after moments!

As much as I love Claudia Black, I love how shes more 'Foxeye' and just foxeye.  Of course, Im pretty sure I say Foxeye first, so there!

(I just finally finished SG-1 and got kinda confused halfway through Season 10, I was like, is this SG-Farscape?  But I cant complain about the ultimate pairing! *little heart bubbles go here!*)

I need to finish Farscape too >.>
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #22 on: Apr 29 '08, 22:12:03 »

Claudia's beauty is very very hard to capture in a drawing without making her look...old.  On the woman herself the lines beside the nose and under the eyes are part of her beauty, but on paper/pixels..well, I'm not enough of a master yet. Smiley

Awesome! I like the less sequin'd look Cheesy

Poor sequins.  laugh  Well, it was supposed to be chainmail anyways. Hopefully next time I draw that armor I should be able to make it look like chainmail.

Cobalt Katze
*flee*
Veteran

Rootbeer & Moogles. Wait, what?

« Reply #23 on: May 01 '08, 23:59:05 »

I totally feel for you, chainmail is a bitch to draw accurately without spending days drawing every leetle link. Especially if it's like 5 panels of it!

Icebird
Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: May 04 '08, 15:10:50 »

I love the picture! So pretty! *loves*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: