Left Right
button
button
button
button
button
Feb 24 '20, 23:33:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapter1 page9  (Read 13069 times)
Clawsor
Board mascot
Veteran

Fear the Squiggles

« on: Jul 24 '06, 03:04:28 »

Amazing. I'm having trouble to figure out whats going down.... It looks like Fox and Ketai run off, but why?

I really like how this page flows!
« Last Edit: Jul 24 '06, 03:26:46 by RakIri » Logged

I'm a Nainja. Like gangsta...but with ninjas. I'm so bling you wont see me coming.
Martilena
Blueshirt
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: Jul 24 '06, 13:05:08 »

What a beautiful page! So much detail!
I think if you look close Fox and Ketai are in the area near the center of the group and later they have a canopy over 'em. Its like all the kids gather around Fox and Ketai when they arrive.

Martilena
71 druid of Tunare (semi-retired)
Maisie
80 warden/ 80 provisioner Nektulous server
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24 '06, 15:25:09 »

The kids are actually still in the water, but all you see are little heads. Or rather, err, you did when I was drawing it.  Now that it's been scaled down they just look like part of the sparkles of the water.

That whole idea of working at a higher resolution is a great thing until you are drawing little things and you forget that they won't really show up at the intended size.    Roll Eyes  I might try to do something to make them show up better.
Clawsor
Board mascot
Veteran

Fear the Squiggles

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24 '06, 16:56:02 »

I made this post? direct linking in mat's other post confuzzled me!

I'm a Nainja. Like gangsta...but with ninjas. I'm so bling you wont see me coming.
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24 '06, 17:02:11 »

You posted about the latest page in the pg8 thread, so we exercised our l33t admin powers to turn your post into the beginnings of a new thread.

At least...I *think* you were talking about pg 9.  Fox and Ketai didn't do any running away in page 8.  Confused
Clawsor
Board mascot
Veteran

Fear the Squiggles

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25 '06, 11:56:56 »

They do if you look between the trans-dimentional lines.....but technically your looking at the next page.

Sierra
Necro Girl
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25 '06, 15:27:42 »

Fere like water?
O_o

"I'm the only fay in the group!" ~ Naciee
"I'm sure you'll taste fine." ~ Amarylis
Feydir
I'd rather be Picard
Veteran

Back in formation

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25 '06, 16:32:02 »

Tigers and Jaguars like water. It's not unheard of for cats to swim. There are even lions who swim in some marshy areas of africa.
anubis_the_dog
Adept

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25 '06, 16:37:05 »

my husband makes his cat like water  Wink
BrecciaSilentstep
Redshirt
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26 '06, 19:44:32 »

Draft will sit in the shower with me. But then, he's pretty damn warped.

-Breccia

Zeltaria
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26 '06, 20:26:44 »

I really loved this page, especially the pannel where the fere young are splashing each other, is just wonderfully rendered.  It is always a joy to find that a new page is out Cheesy
Siwan
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26 '06, 23:09:26 »

I've been delayed to read it
I love the page Foxeye!! just like all the others Cheesy

You shape living,I shape Lives
Martilena
Blueshirt
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27 '06, 12:35:42 »

I can see the kids in the water now that I know what to look for...or maybe you changed it. Anywho! This page has lots going on in it. I find something new everytime I look at it.

Martilena
71 druid of Tunare (semi-retired)
Maisie
80 warden/ 80 provisioner Nektulous server
Cirrusaunt
Fledgling

WAHA!

« Reply #13 on: Sep 03 '06, 02:27:56 »

That "swing off the rope and jump in the river" activity in the last three panels brings forth fond memories of summer camp.  Oooh, it's so much fun!

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."-Llewellyn at www.ozyandmillie.org

www.retromud.org - Mareabella, Allebaeram, Cirrusaunt, Trashcan, Tungsten
Jerelyn
Administrator
Master

« Reply #14 on: Sep 03 '06, 02:45:27 »

No kidding. ^_^  I miss doing that.

<--- wants to know why they call you "Twice"  (or maybe I'm better off not knowing...)
Cirrusaunt
Fledgling

WAHA!

« Reply #15 on: Sep 03 '06, 19:37:16 »

It's because my full name is Cirrusaunt Cirrusaunt the Twelfth.  Twice I'm called, for twice I am named.

;P

You guys just didn't give members the option of changing one's name.

Oooh, also I wanted to ask a question:  the first row of panels really stuck out for me because half of Rakne's wife's head was in a blank panel, and the other half was in front of a background.  What exactly were you trying to get across with that?  The fact that fere's minds are easily wiped clean?  If so, then bravo!  You got the point across to me.  And her line was very catty, I liked it.

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."-Llewellyn at www.ozyandmillie.org

Kael
Master

« Reply #16 on: Sep 03 '06, 19:54:36 »

Oooh, also I wanted to ask a question:  the first row of panels really stuck out for me because half of Rakne's wife's head was in a blank panel, and the other half was in front of a background.  What exactly were you trying to get across with that?  The fact that fere's minds are easily wiped clean?  If so, then bravo!  You got the point across to me.  And her line was very catty, I liked it.

Aye, something like that Smiley

Ferenabu are a bunch of air heads. Ketai's more focused than most, but she is still a fere. She's also not Rakyn's wife; ferenabu don't really have spouses. Some might form a long term bond of friendship, loyalty, and even love, but generally they're the "anytime, anywhere, with anyone" sort.

BTW, if you want your name changed, just PM either Foxeye or myself and we can change your name for you Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 03 '06, 19:56:23 by Rakyn » Logged
Cirrusaunt
Fledgling

WAHA!

« Reply #17 on: Sep 03 '06, 21:53:36 »

Ah.  I've heard it's quite the same with werewolves.  At least, that's how they are in RetroMUD and comics like Peter Is the Wolf.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: